Monday, November 17, 2008

Bond, James Bond

Went to see Quantum of Solace over the weekend-



And while I didn't like it quite as much as Casino Royale, I did think it was a great flick- full of your typical numerous gorgeous locations (Bolivia, Austria, Russsia, Italy, as well as London of course - and Haiti, which was rather slumish to be honest), pretty much full-on action sequences, and the usual Bond suspects/villians.

I still say Daniel Craig is a dynamic, compelling, and quite impressive Bond. Again, I love the tenaciousness and somewhat darker style he portrays. And he's not bad to look at, either.

I won't even try to take on the plot, as far as explaining it goes. You can do that here if you feel the need.

One thing I will comment on is how incredibly packed the theater was. We were seat to seat, and the usher even had to come in and make us all move towards the middle to provide additional seating. I've never been to a film that swamped.
It was, in fact, a sell out. In the early afternoon, at that.

I heard it made over $70 million opening weekend, so that is in addition to the hundreds of millions it already made overseas, where it opened on October 31st.
- always helping the ladies...


- some more than others...

No comments:

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards