Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America has spoken

Here it is, people...



Get used to it.
I'm sure alot of folks thought it would never happen, but apparently -it has.

As I sat tonight, inexplicably mesmerized by the vote count on CNN, history was in the making.
And around 11:30pm, McCain conceded and it was all but over.

At midnight, we watched Obama make what I would call an excellent speech, full of promises for the growth of America. Hmmm... guess we'll have to take him at his word for the time being.

I will definately say he is a good-no, great- speaker. I actually wanted to listen to the entire thing, and I can say without any provocation, that I have never, EVER, seriously listened to an entire speech made by a president. Sad but true.

My only other thought is that I wish his name didn't rhyme with Osama. I know he can't help that but seriously, it's just not cool.

McCain was quite gracious in defeat. I thought his concession speech was a good one - an attempt to unify America and hope for better days ahead.
That's really what it's all about at this point.
Though I am a Republican, I do not always agree with party ways - and I do agree we need a change. I'm not one to say who I vote for, and people that know me know who I voted for, so I guess I will leave it at that.

In any event, my main hope is that some nutjob doesn't attempt to take Obama out before he even settles into the White House.

Whether I agree with America's choice or not, I wish the best for this country.
We'll see if Obama is it.
Congrats to him and his connections.

No comments:

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards