Saturday, November 22, 2008

Frightening


When I was younger, I used to be a fan of Mickey Rourke.



Even though you couldn't call him good looking, there was something inherently sexy about the man.
The first time I saw 9 1/2 weeks, I thought he was the coolest thing since sliced bread.


with Kim Basinger in 9 1/2 Weeks

Angel Heart was a real fave of mine too, and I thought he did a pretty good job of playing a confused gumshoe in New Orleans voodoo land.

Angel Heart

He was in alot of critically acclaimed roles, such as Barfly, Diner, Rumble Fish, Body Heat, The Pope of Greenwich Village - as well as popular films such as Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man, Sin City, and the aforementioned 9 1/2 Weeks and Angel Heart.

But what the hell has happened to the man?

Mickey Rourke circa NOW.

After falling off the face of the earth after a string of less than stellar films, he has re-emerged as a different person.

Now I know people age, I get that.

But morphing into another species is something all together different.

oh my goodness!

He spent a bit of time in the 90's as a boxer (for which he was trained when he was young) and I guess that must have really messed him up.
I've also heard plastic surgery stories, but if they are true then he should be filthy rich from suing for medical malpractice..
He's not in the Witness Protection program, Doc.


I do hear he is making a comeback of sorts, so I wish him well...
But he sure doesn't look like the same actor I once knew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mickey Rourke was incredibly handsome and sexy as a young man. I think any woman would agree with me he was very good looking...u must have rocks in your head Christine!

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards