Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bond is back!

Let's get this out there right away.
I am not a rabid James Bond fan.
HOWEVER,
I am a rabid 'Daniel Craig as James Bond' fan.


Truth be told, I've only seen a handful of James Bond movies over the years, so I am certainly not any kind of authority on which actor has portrayed him best.

But I've read some of Ian Fleming's Bond books, and I absolutely loved the movie Casino Royale, so I can make an authoritative declaration that Daniel Craig is a rocking good, authentic to the character, kick-ass Bond!


I remember when he was chosen for the role, all the Brits were pissed.... "he has blonde hair!" they screamed... Is that seriously their main objection? How shallow.

Well they were proved stupid (sorry, wrong) when Casino Royale shot into theaters like a cannon back in '06. It made a ton of money and really re-established the hard ass Bond character.


So he's back in Quantum of Solace (dumb name, I agree there), which opens here in the states on friday Nov. 14th.

And James is pretty pissed off about his girlfriend being offed at the end of 'Royale.
Revenge is an awesome motivator, and I - for one - love to watch him motivate.

I don't think you have to have seen any previous incarnations of Bond to enjoy the new ones, but I would suggest giving Casino Royale a peek, as it is a great action movie and in true Bond form, there is lots of sexy scenes and of course - "Bond. James Bond."

No comments:

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards