Sunday, September 28, 2008

Retiring the Evening

10 year old Evening Attire retired.


Photo: Coglianese Photos


Multiple stakes winning gelding, Evening Attire, has been retired at age 10.

He was found to have a suspensory injury and so his owners felt it was time to call it a day.

A beautiful gray/roan horse, he won countless stakes races and gave it his all at every race.
Many a time did I place him on my fantasy horseracing 'team' - it was a name I was very familiar with and I always felt comfortable picking him as the one to beat.

He had legions of fans, was very popular at every track he raced at, and truly was one of the best 'iron horses'.

Winner of nearly $3 million in earnings, his owners are undecided about where he will live out his days as of yet.
I think Kentucky Horse Park would be a great choice, but we'll have to wait and see.

Happy retirement, Evening Attire - and thanks for the memories. You'll be missed.

No comments:

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards