
I can't say I was a big fan or anything - I liked some of his films, and 'Cool Hand Luke' is probably the best of them (to me). I really enjoyed 'The Color of Money', 'Road to Perdition', and 'The Verdict' - as well as the classic 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid'. Who doesn't like that one?
But I will remember him not just because he was a screen legend, but because he was married to the same woman (Joanne Woodward) for 50 years - and that, to me - makes him more of a life legend. That level of commitment and fidelity is something really rare these days, especially for a movie star.
I recently read a quote that I love. When asked if he was ever tempted to stray, Newman quipped: "Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?"
Rest in peace.
And thanks for the salad dressings!


No comments:
Post a Comment