Much as I admired Farrah's battle with cancer (and hey, I watched Charlie's Angels, too!) - it was not her famous red swim suit poster I had hanging on my wall - it was this one:

(And no, it's not still hanging on any of my walls, but I probably have it rolled up somewhere in my attic, alongside my 'Thriller' album - yep, vinyl!!)
When I was in ..oh, probably 7th grade, this dude was a complete hottie and the most popular person on earth. I loved my 'Thriller' album and my mom can attest I played it almost as much as my Black Sabbath 'Paranoid' album (almost)..
So I was very sad to hear he passed away.
He's made such a farce and spectacle of his life in the last twenty years or so that it is hard to remember what a fantastic artist and performer he was.
When he moonwalked across that stage for the first time with his freaky glove - what a moment!
So I choose to keep my fond memories of that Michael Jackson.
RIP.
Michael Jackson/Wikipedia


No comments:
Post a Comment