Monday, April 20, 2009

The Bullshit Express

The Bullshit Express (aka my father-in-law from Florida) made an appearance at our lovely abode this weekend and I have several things to call him on - in other words to debunk, deflate, show-up and prove wrong. Because I can. And because I'm easily annoyed, especially when it comes to him.

*Parker Posey is most certainly NOT the daughter of Charlie Chaplin.

*No, I really don't like cooked cabbage, no matter what manner of delectable, savory, enticing preparations you can do to it.

*Vanessa Carlton not only did NOT start rap music, but she can actually sing.

*Meg Ryan was not in the movie 'Michael' with John Travolta. And she did so have an affair with Russell Crowe which basically ended her marriage to Dennis Quaid.

*NASCAR is not a family sport. Guys wreck cars and die. Do you really want your small kids to watch that?

*Seabiscuit defeated War Admiral, not Man O' War. Trust me on that one. Never argue horseracing with me. Ever.

*Tom Cruise's children with Nicole Kidman were so adopted. (besides, how else can you explain his son being black?)

*Men should not wear Jovan Musk. Period.

*Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte did not write at the same time period. Bronte was born only a year before Austen's death. Try Wikipedia, ok?

*Being the grammar nazi that I am, I have to point out that the Depot in Home Depot is pronounced dee-poh - not depp-oh. Likewise, Paprika has only three syllables, not four. It is NOT pronounced pap-ah-ree-kah, ok?
And while we're on a roll here, there is no such word as ONCED. Or TWICED.

It's not that I don't love my father in law, but I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards