In honor of ER's final episode tommorrow night (which incidentally I have not watched since about the time Mr. Clooney took that extended coffee break...) I have reached into the black hole they call google and retrieved some fine looking photos of George.
Tasty.
I always like the black & white ones....
George has a running bet with Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfeiffer that he will never marry again (having been married unsuccessfully from 1989-1993)... The initial bet (for $10,000) was that he wouldn't marry before the age of 40. When Nicole sent a check after his birthday, he supposedly returned it, saying 'double or nothing until I turn 50'.....
He's nearly 48....
George made one of my fave vampire movies way back in 1996 while still on ER.
From Dusk Till Dawn - written by Quentin Tarantino (pictured with George) and directed by Robert Rodriguez of Desperado fame...
It's a hoot!
George was born in one of my favorite places in the world, Lexington, Kentucky.
He had a string of small roles in random tv shows (such as The Facts of Life and Roseanne) before becoming the next big thing on ER.

When he left ER in 1999, it was said he was never going to make it big - that he over-estimated his star power and would wish he'd never left the small screen.
Yeah. Right.
He's had a laundry list of pretty big hits, including Out of Sight, Three Kings, The Perfect Storm, O Brother Where Art Thou, Oceans Eleven (and Twelve and Thirteen for that matter), Good Night and Good Luck (for which he was nominated for a directing AND writing Oscar), Syriana (for which he won an acting Oscar), and Michael Clayton (for which he was Oscar nominated for acting.)
So George pretty much gets his pick of projects these days.
Guess he really didn't need to stay on ER after all...
But he did have a cameo a few weeks ago to celebrate their final season.

I think one of the best things about him (besides his looks of course) is his sense of humor. He is always so funny and witty - and seems to be a genuinely nice guy.
He is also quite the humanitarian, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention how involved he is in social and political issues. He has made it one of his missions in life to bring attention to the crisis in Darfur, to the extent that he and his father Nick traveled there and made a documentary regarding the tragedy.
In 2008, the United Nations made him a messenger of peace. Guess he's right up there with Angelina now, huh? (LOL)









1 comment:
He is not hard to look at that is for sure. I think he is getting better looking with age. I haven't watched ER since Noah Wylie left.
Post a Comment