Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Brave Opinion

So, I just saw this movie, The Brave One - which stars Jodie Foster and Terrence Howard, and thought I might mention a few thoughts.

The movie itself isn't prize-winning material, but I felt the acting was quite good. The plot- which everyone has no doubt figured out from all the commercial hype - is a woman who loses her fiance to a senseless violent crime and then turns the tables, becoming a vigilante and sweeping the streets of crime as she befriends the police detective investigating both her case and the new string of killings.



But what makes this film stand out is the question it makes everyone ask: is it wrong? Is it wrong to feel like she is doing the right thing - the justified thing- by taking out a few gang punks or drug dealers? It is a morality play, for sure - making us wonder if we are indeed human, for wanting to cheer her on and high five the person next to you when she kills someone outright.

Murder in any form is wrong, right? But if someone were to kill your husband or wife - your mother or child - or even your dog - wouldn't you want to get even? How far would you go to make sure your family was safe, or that the criminals that elude justice went down?


It's thought provoking and pertinent in particular to today's terror-filled world.

Ask yourself that question. Watch the movie and tell me you aren't happy with the ending. I know I was.

The Brave One (Full-Screen Edition)The Brave One (Full-Screen Edition)






No comments:

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards