Monday, November 16, 2009

Randomness...

*All this worrying about 2012 - is it really necessary? Maybe the Mayans just ran out of stone or bark paper to write on, okay? And even so - if it does happen to be true, there wouldn't be anything we can do about it. Bruce Willis is not gonna save the day on this Armageddon.

*I totally miss True Blood. My sundays haven't been the same since the season ended.

*I still see my high school mega-crush every morning at the post office. Imagine that. And while 25 years ago my heart would have fluttered if he even looked my way, he now always speaks to me - but it's just so routine and small-town that I don't even think about it. Or care. Even though he still looks pretty damn good. Not as good as my honey though;)

*Who is this Lady Gaga anyway?

*If I was choosing a last meal, it could quite possibly be an entire Chef Boyardee pizza and a bowl of strawberry ice cream with hot fudge on top. Washed down with Mountain Dew, naturally.

*I pre-ordered the new Stephen King book (Under the Dome) a month ago on Amazon cause there was some sort of price war going on between them and Wal Mart. The pre-order price was only 9 dollars. NINE BUCKS for a new hardback. It came the other day, and may I say I doubt I've ever had a bigger bargain in my lifetime. The book is 1074 pages long. I don't have a calculator in front of me, but that seems like less than a penny a page to me.
Oh, and sorry folks - it's now $17.50 both places - you snooze you lose.

*Why do people complain about getting lime jello at the hospital? I like lime jello, dammit.

*I've read over 70 books this year (I've kept a list, so I'm sure... and that's three times as many as last year, at least) - and 99% of them are paranormals/horror/fantasy. I'm a freaky kind of girl.

*Oprah should not have exploited that poor woman who was attacked by the chimpanzee. I will not post a link so you can see her face. Look it up yourself if you are that sick. I saw it accidentally and wish I wouldn't have.

*I'd like to have our first big snow before Thanksgiving. So sue me.

*Why aren't there cartoons like Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo anymore? If there were, perhaps I'd still watch.

*I hate the little forks in my silverware set. Those ones you're supposed to use for salads or whatever - they seem, at first, like a regular fork - but the handle is like, two inches shorter and I feel like one of the Munchkins when I accidentally get one. Contrary to this, my husband feels it necessary to use them. I wash them, annoyingly, and hide them in the very back of the silverware drawer, but somehow they seem to find their way back in with the regular ones. Seemingly a trivial complaint, but I gotta say - I'm thisclose to pitching them all out!

*If I were a flavor of ice cream, I'd be rocky road. Do I really need to explain?

*Why does it seem like the Steelers fall apart without Troy Polamalu in the lineup?

*I told myself I wasn't going to watch a new tv show this year (with the exception of The Vampire Diaries - that was a given) ... but I went against my better judgement and started watching Eastwick. It turned out to be a quirky, fun, light-hearted show that I didn't want to miss. Hence, it was cancelled. I friggin' hate ABC. They did the same thing two years ago after they hooked me on Men In Trees. I am therefore boycotting ABC. I will not watch LOST this winter until it comes out on Netflix. Screw you ABC.(Sorry, I'm exceedingly bitter on this one).

*Frosted Mini-Wheats needs to make a peanut butter flavored variety. And a cheese one that you could just snack on, not coat with milk of course.

*Is anyone as sick of Taylor Swift as I am? I mean, I'm happy for anyone who can make a ton of moola at such a young age...but let's face it, folks - the youngster can't really sing all that well. Simon would have kicked her ass to the curb in the first round on Idol.

*I love my DVR. What did I ever do without it? I get to watch so much History Channel these days that I could almost teach a class on the Ancients and/or Jack the Ripper.

*Speaking of Ancient times.... NO, I still do not have a cell phone.

*Can we just possibly wait till after Thanksgiving to start the inevitable decline into Christmas madness? Please....just once? And can we NOT turn on our outdoor Christmas lights yet either? UGH.

*Does James Cameron's new movie 'Avatar' look really strange to anyone else but me? I think that is a major SKIP for me. Matter of fact, I doubt I'll even add it to my Netflix queue.

*Black Sharpie markers give me a faux high. And I don't like it.

And lastly: Ten things I am unbelievably tired of (besides Taylor Swift):

1) "Balloon Boy" & family
2) The health insurance fiasco
3) Jon and Kate & the great debate
4) Scientology
5) Brad/Angelina/Jen (let it go, people!)
6) H1N1 (please SHUT UP about it, ok?
7) Commercials for male-member enhancing products, lawyers who can get money for YOU, violent video games, and car insurance
8) The New England Patriots and their weasel of a coach
9) Sarah Palin and her damn book
10) The Kardashians. Why should anyone care about these people? Just cause Daddy (RIP) was O.J. Simpson's lawyer and BFF? That alone should be reason not to care. How bizarre.

No comments:

The best e-cards anywhere:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards